Time to Wine Down is a collaboration between 2 passionate South African wine, story, food and music lovers. We want to share wonderful stories about the wine, people, food and music of South Africa and its people. That is why we love to invite guests to share their stories and passions. We meet the winemakers while we try some of our favourite South African Wines.
Our next upcoming events:
- Where to find us:
- Subscribe to us on YouTube for our monthly chats about wine, stories and music.
- Exploring the Cool Climate Wonders of our South African WineriesWhen you think of South African wine, you might picture the warm and sunny vineyards of Stellenbosch or the …
- Wine Regions of Versatility and Variety by the WatersideLet’s explore the South Coast and Breede River Valley wine regions in more detail. We have previously looked at …
- Pop the Cork: South African Bubbly Brilliance!South Africa, where the wine flows as smoothly as the scenic landscapes. While we’re famous for our bold reds …
- Sip, Savour, and Sea Breeze: Exploring the Enchanting Coastal Wine Region of South AfricaAs we started exploring the different wine regions in South Africa, we thought to zone in on some of …
- Unveiling South Africa’s Captivating Wine Regions: Terroir and Iconic VarietalsSouth Africa’s wine industry has witnessed remarkable growth over the years, earning a well-deserved place on the global wine …
Wondering what wine to order? Here are some of our top picks:
TIME TO WINE DOWN WINE SUGGESTIONS – Single Bottles and cases like the ones below:
Lots More Time to Wine Down Favourites
- Some interesting reading to help you learn more about the stories and wine we’d love to share with you:
Gerhard Perold from Perold Wine Cellar
Gerhard Perold is our wine connoisseur with his roots firmly planted in the South African wine community and culture. Gerhard has a passion for wine, sustainable agriculture, people and food. Very much like his great-grandfather, Abraham Izak Perold, who brought 177 grape varietals to South Africa early in the 1900s. Abraham Izak Perold was also the man who created the Pinotage varietal by crossing a Cinsaut and Pinot Noir. Why not read a bit more about this fascinating history that inspired Gerhard to dedicate his life to supporting South African wine and its people?
Gerhard’s passion for wine and South Africa is contagious. So if you are interested in either, do get in touch with him. He is amazing at providing you with a wine-tasting experience you will always remember. You can get in touch with Gerhard here.
Michelle Cheyne from Content College
Michelle Cheyne sees herself as a multipotentialite with many irons in different fires. Her background in psychology has led her to start her business, Instinctive Living in 2018. It has evolved a lot since then and although she still supports small businesses with their Search Engine Optimisation and content creation. However, her main focus is on the Wisdom Seekers Society where she is building a tribe of lifelong learners and curious seekers.
She moved to the UK with a very young family in 2015 all the way from the wonderful gem of a town, Swellendam in the Western Cape, South Africa.
Michelle spends her days writing and creating from a little converted chapel in a tiny village in Derbyshire where she lives with her family. You can always connect with her on her websites, and social media platforms or even book a call on Pick My Brain.